Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Much Ado About, nothing really.


So, the Apple Store was down this morning. Everyone got all excited about the rumored revisions to the iMac, Mac Pro, and Mac Mini. You could hear them thinking, "This is gonna be fucking awesome!". It wasn't. I'm underwhelmed. 

Don't get me wrong, it's not an epic fail or anything. They needed some tweaking and Apple didn't make any hoopla about it. I guess I just get irritated by the tech blogs I read (Engadget.com specifically) making a fuss. Oh my, the Apple Store is closed! There's gonna be mind blowing updates to the existing product line! You're gonna be so mad if you just bought one of these items! No. I'm not. I bought my iMac over a year ago, and I'm not blown away by the new specs. I slight processor upgrade. A tiny, almost invisible graphics upgrade. It just really shouldn't have sparked anyone's nerdgasm. 

I'm hungry, not for any new tech stuff, just for dinner. Liverwurst and cheese, upgrading to the onion roll. Yeah, that's as spectacular as the Mac line refresh this morning. 

2 comments:

  1. Engadget are fuckig douche bags... The only thing that pissed me off was introducing a 3ghz imac 2 months after I bought mine. I emailed them too... A nice "F" bombed email

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHHA! They love doing that! I don't know if I would have sprung the extra for the bragging rights of the faster processor, I don't really need it, and with the Apple Tax it's outrageous!

    ReplyDelete